Shoddy Battle League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoddy Battle League

Shoddy Battle is an program made for Pokemon Simulation, Shoddy Battle League forum is a forum made of fans playing Shoddybattle.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*

Go down 
+2
Ataro
Volcanflame
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:42 pm

hm... dunno... besides I don't think any1 has battled yet XD

extend the deadline maybe? are all of you busy with school? are all of you grade/high schoolers? x_X

oh, I'm gmt +8 btw >_<
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:20 am

Nah, I check everyday, but no updates, will just have to wait for Volcan.
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:03 am

Jet wrote:
hm... dunno... besides I don't think any1 has battled yet XD

extend the deadline maybe? are all of you busy with school? are all of you grade/high schoolers? x_X

oh, I'm gmt +8 btw >_<

Im a little busy with school but more basketball since its play offs. And also what Ataro said, but can it start without Volcan here?
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:06 am

crazy231 wrote:
This is double posting but w/e

Since Time zones will conflict on brackets, and its a little unfair to some people that its only based on points, I have a suggestion. How about basing it on win percentage.

For Example

Trainer 1 = 5-8-0
Trainer 2 = 4-14-0
Trainer 3 = 7-1-0

Trainer 2 would win because he would have the most points, but would have the worst record by far. If based on win percentage, trainer 3 would win. But instead of doing it only on percentage, how about having a minimum of 12 battles to even qualify for first or second place.

Yes, I was thinking of % wins ... just somehow my comp's broken down and needed to be fixed. So I can't be online for like 4 days or so. So I'll just change the rule ... and yes, you could start battling, even without me. And if I feel I need to extend the time, I will extend it. So, start battling guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.riniciousforum.com
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:39 am

yet again I haven't reached anyone online because of my stupid timezone difference... >_<
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:14 am

Jet, where do you live? I remember seeing you in GMT+8, and I happen to be GMT+8 too, but I don't see you on. :s
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:55 am

Philippines =P

next time... no percentages pls... do it by brackets... this "battle whoever when ever" is seriously screwed up >_<
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:57 pm

I have a question. Is there a minimum number of battles to qualify for first place? It seems unfair that someone with only 1 battle could win since if they won that battle, they would be at 100%. But someone else could go 9-1 and only be at 90%
Back to top Go down
Leman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 am

Jet wrote:
Philippines =P

next time... no percentages pls... do it by brackets... this "battle whoever when ever" is seriously screwed up >_<

Nope, it isn't. No holds is skrewed up. Smile just do it by number of wins. Theres a limit per day, so you cant get like 14000 battles. The more you win the better it is. Seriously it isn't that complicated.
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 am

Brackets is better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Leman wrote:
Jet wrote:
Philippines =P

Nope, it isn't. No holds is skrewed up. Smile just do it by number of wins. Theres a limit per day, so you cant get like 14000 battles. The more you win the better it is. Seriously it isn't that complicated.

And it proves your activity and what kind of mindset you bring to a tourney.
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm just too lazy to make a bracket, and also, there are too few participants for a bracket =p

And yes, I found it unfair if Leman doesn't battle until the end of the Tournament ...

I should implement this new point-counting system D:

Formula: % of wins*Amount of battles

So for example, Volcan's battling record (W/L): 7/3 (70% win), times amount of battle (10), so 70*10 = 700 is the points I have. I think it's ... pretty fair xp
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:05 am

Im the only one on when Leman is, but Ive already used my 2 battles for the day most of the time battling Ataro of Jet =/. Ive just started saving a battle each day so Leman can get his in =/
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 am

but that's just it... those who have different time zones are stuck to battling each other; which technically is pointless if I battle crazy everytime x_X again I don't see anyone online. defeinitely not fair to others >_< might as well give me the 5 points since no way I can catch up now >_>
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 am

Dont extend the end of the tournement. Not enough people for it to matter really.
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am

The Tournament ends, and here is the result!

First place: CRAZY with 900 total points!
You can now claim your 50 points, 1 basic-stage OU Pokémon and 2 free TMs from the mart!
Second place: LEMAN with 300 total points!
Take your 35 points, 1 basic-stage BL Pokémon and 1 free TM from the mart Wink
Third place: ATARO with 300 total points!
You can also have your 20 points, 1 basic-stage UU Pokémon and 1 free TM from the mart.

CONGRATULATE THEM, people! Smile

And also, Leman and Ataro tied up, but Leman's got more battles, so yeah, he gets the second place. And Jet can claim his extra 5 pts ^^

Now I officially announce that this tournament has ended, thanks for people who have participated Smile
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:38 pm

the results were obvious actually...

next time... NO no brackets... -_- 8 battles because of time zone difference compared to crazy's... yea nice concept =P

*claims
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 am

Jet wrote:
the results were obvious actually...

next time... NO no brackets... -_- 8 battles because of time zone difference compared to crazy's... yea nice concept =P

*claims

yea, but it was based partly on percentage. You ended up with more points from the battles than Ataro, but your percentage was really really bad, so you didnt place. oh, and does my OU mon have to evolve?
Back to top Go down
Leman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 6:27 am

=O I want a Nincada, and TM Swords Dance. When I evolve it do I get both Ninjask and Shedinja, or just one?
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 6:39 am

Leman wrote:
=O I want a Nincada, and TM Swords Dance. When I evolve it do I get both Ninjask and Shedinja, or just one?

Both
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Where do I check for the Tiers? ;_;

I tried Smogon but it only lists fully evolved.
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Just use Smogon and use the basic form. Claydol for example is UU, so just pick Baltoy and evolve it
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 am

Finally figured out what I want for my OU mon since I cant have Cresseliea Sad I want Feebas :] and for my TMs I want Hidden Power and Stealth Rock
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:45 pm

I'll take Squirtle for my UU Pokemon and TM Hidden Power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2