Shoddy Battle League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoddy Battle League

Shoddy Battle is an program made for Pokemon Simulation, Shoddy Battle League forum is a forum made of fans playing Shoddybattle.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*

Go down 
+2
Ataro
Volcanflame
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:58 pm

THE NEWBIE TOURNAMENT

Welcome to the first tournament ever held in Shoddy Battle League! All of you are invited to this tournament to show off your ability as a true Pokémon Trainer, and if you win, you will get a fabulous prize for all of the effort you made! ^^

The Pokémon
So, every trainer gets to pick 6 Pokémon from the Starter Request list, and also, all of the six Pokémon you pick must must cost in maximum 15 points in total! And if you have picked 6 Pokémon and the total cost is less than 15, then the you can add the extra points to your stats. So for example, you picked Aron, Zigzagoon, Happiny, Sudowoodo, Krabby, and Staryu, your total cost is 12, so you have 3 extra points left. Then, add this 3 points to your stats straightly! Look how generous I am! x3 After you have picked the 6 Pokémon, you must use the final form of that Pokémon, for example: You picked Aron, but you must use Aggron in the real tourney.

The Moves
You can use ANY moves that Pokémon could learn, whether it from level-up moves, TMs/HMs, SMs, etc, it's up to you! So make your own strategy! Wink

I want to be in this Tourney, how? D:
Sign-up here with this form:

Quote :
Name: Your name here! D:
Pokémon: All the 6 Pokémon you picked
Total Cost: Total cost/points of all the 6 Pokémon

P.S. Anyone can join! And only if you are registered to SBL :p and Sign-ups will be closed on 27th Feb 2008, 12:00 PM GMT-7.

Battling
The rules should follow the SBL normal rules. There is no Tourney Bracket for this, so you can freely challenge someone to gain your victory ... or loss. But, you're restricted to 2 battles everyday, and after your battle is over, please post the log in this thread: http://sbleague.phpbb9.com/shoddy-battle-logs-f6/newbie-tournament-battle-log-t53.htm#505

Your log must be approved by your opponent, so I will need confirmations from both battler. And I trust you, please don't cheat in any way. If you got caught cheating, I will punish you accordingly and you will be disqualified from the Tournament.

Winning a Tourney battle will earn you 3 points. Losing a Tourney battle will earn you 2 points.

NOTE: HOLD ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Prizes!
Like what I said earlier, you will get a FABULOUS prize for your winning effort!

Winner will get 50 points, 1 Free OU Pokémon (must be the lowest form), any 2 TMs from the Pokémart
Runner Up 1 will get 35 Points, 1 Free BL Pokémon (must be the lowest form), any 2 TMs from the Pokémart.
Runner Up 2 will get 20 Points, 1 Free UU Pokémon (must be the lowest form), any 1 TM from the Pokémart.
Everyone else who doesn't win the Tourney will get extra 5 Points to their stats.

The Prizes can only be claimed after the Tourney ends.

How Long will this last?
The Tourney will end on 13th of March 2008.

***YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR EVS/NATURES/MOVES/ETC. AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE IN THIS TOURNEY BEFORE A START OF A BATTLE!***

Participants & Team lineup
Ataro: Infernape, Weavile, Electrode, Floatzel, Rampardos, Snorlax
Crazy: Hippowdon, Gliscor, Garchomp, Bronzong, Mamoswine, Cradily
Leman: Gengar, Tangrowth, PorygonZ, Jolteon, Electivire, Blissey
Pokelord: Gengar, PorygonZ, Electivire, Feraligatr, Mamoswine, Sceptile
Jet: Lucario, Weavile, Ambipom, Electivire, Honchkrow, Crobat[b]

Last edited by Volcanflame on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.riniciousforum.com
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 pm

So we don't have to create another Member ID for this? Just the battle log?
And are Hold Items allowed?

Chimchar - 3
Sneasel - 3
Voltorb - 2
Buizel - 1
Cranidos - 3
Munchlax - 3

Leftover points = 0
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:35 am

Ooo I wanna be in this,
Name - Crazy :/
Hippotas 3pts
Gligar 3pts
Gible 3pts
Bronzor 2pts
Swinub 1pt
Lileep 2 pts

Total 14pts
Back to top Go down
Leman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:40 am

Is it only basics? And we get to pick 6 completely new mons?

Name: Leman
Pokemon: Ghastly-3
Tangela-1
Porygon-3
Eevee/Jolteon -3
Elekid -2
Happiny-3

EDIT: Final evos....
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:49 am

as the rules said; you pick the starter, but when you actually battle, they have to be in their final evo form.

yes I would like to know if hold items are allowed?

Will post my entry later... still deciding on what team

EDIT:

Name: Jet
Pokemon:
- Riolu - 3 pts
- Sneasel - 3 pts
- Aipom - 1 pt
- Elekid - 2 pts
- Murkrow - 1 pt
- Zubat - 3 pts
---
Total: 13 pts
yay I got 2 left =P XD
Back to top Go down
Pokelord01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Name: Pokelord
Pokemon:
Gastly – 3
Porygon – 3
Elekid – 2
Totodile – 3
Swinub - 1
Treecko - 3
Total Cost: 15
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Yeah, just realised that I forgot to say that, Hold Items ARE NOT allowed.

Ataro, crazy, Leman and Pokelord are accepted.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:18 pm

*officially entered; see previous post of mine
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Jet accepted.

Oh yeah, Leman, please specify your Eevee's evolution ...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:38 pm

WAIT crap Volcan I edited T_T
Back to top Go down
Leman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 am

Volcanflame wrote:
Jet accepted.

Oh yeah, Leman, please specify your Eevee's evolution ...

No hold items? =/ Wtf is with that? Hold items are essential for competitive battling. About a third of the Pokemon rely on Choice Items, and BLissey's entire game is with Leftovers. I understand Item Clause (Sort of), but banning them all together is just stupid.

And it's a Jolteon. D:
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:26 am

If others think that Holds should be allowed, then there's no way I should ban them. So, can I have opinions on this?

And if they're allowed, then Item Clause is ON.
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 am

I vote that Hold Items should be allowed, actually there is no need for opinions, lol. I think everyone will vote for 'yes'.

.____.
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 am

I think it would be pretty fun to battle without them, for a change. Otherwise it would just seem like normal metagame :/ Although it really makes no difference to me
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:39 am

I vote for without items, for a new unique experience... let's battle with traditional rules some other time =P... unless we're gonna have another debate about this >_<
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:04 pm

@Ataro: not really :p

So, we're going to ask other members, and also, if I don't get at least 10 participants, then I have to extend the time for sign-ups. Please tell others :p
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Eh, we'll need more members to participate, so I decided to extend the time for sign-ups until 27th, 12:00 PM GMT-7.

And still need to decide whether Holds are allowed or not.
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Can you have tourney battles now, or do they have to wait until the 27 or 28
Back to top Go down
Pokelord01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:21 pm

NO HOLDS D:

Let's try something new for a change xP
Back to top Go down
Volcanflame
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

JUDGEMENT: HOLDS NOT ALLOWED. You can start battling on 28th, only 2 battles per day, though. This will last for 2 weeks, tourney ends on 13th, and I'll announce the winners on 14th, the quickest. Poor amount of participants :[
Back to top Go down
Pokelord01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Can we battle anyone? Surprised No brackets or anything?
Back to top Go down
Ataro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Pokelord01 wrote:
Can we battle anyone? Surprised No brackets or anything?

Volcanflame wrote:
Battling
The rules should follow the SBL normal rules. There is no Tourney Bracket for this, so you can freely challenge someone to gain your victory ... or loss. But, you're restricted to 2 battles everyday, and after your battle is over, please post the log in this thread: http://sbleague.phpbb9.com/shoddy-battle-logs-f6/newbie-tournament-battle-log-t53.htm#505
Back to top Go down
Jet
Offical
Offical
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 pm

doesn't having no brackets seem unfair; meaning the more battles u get the better the chance you'll win? especailly unfair for me since my time zone is completely different from u americans/brits/whatever... the only guy I ever usually meet online is crazy... and that was before... now I hardly see anyone at all...

if it means no brackets then how will you judge:

for EXAMPLE

Player 1: 15 wins, 25 loses - 15/40 wins
Player 2: 11 wins, 0 loses - 11/11 wins
Player 3: 12 wins, 5 loses - 12/17 wins
Player 4: 13 wins, 9 loses - 13/22 wins
Player 5: 10 wins, 15 loses - 10/25 wins

well who will win that? Will it mean player 2 will be last place because he has the least wins? or will he win because he has less loses? if u plan to average it out, then it would definitely seem unfair as well...

I'd like to know how the judging system will work =/

Also please post the times where you people will be online... very unfair with those who's timeline is like... you guys are battling at around 5 PM, but at others they're sleeping because its still 5 AM (mostly my case) =(
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 am

It does seem unfair, if brackets are needed, I can help set up the seeds and such.

Oh and Im GMT -5 I think, or East Coast American time. But Im on AIM a lot on weekends, so IM if you want to battle - thecincybengals - AIM. PM for Yahoo screenname
Back to top Go down
JrIsGay
Offical
Offical

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 am

This is double posting but w/e

Since Time zones will conflict on brackets, and its a little unfair to some people that its only based on points, I have a suggestion. How about basing it on win percentage.

For Example

Trainer 1 = 5-8-0
Trainer 2 = 4-14-0
Trainer 3 = 7-1-0

Trainer 2 would win because he would have the most points, but would have the worst record by far. If based on win percentage, trainer 3 would win. But instead of doing it only on percentage, how about having a minimum of 12 battles to even qualify for first or second place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*   Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Tournament! *Result's up, check page 3!*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next